In Florida, anyone under the age of eighteen can be charged as a juvenile. However, for serious charges, they may be tried as an adult. Juvenile crimes are handled in the juvenile court in front of a judge who will adjudicate guilt and punishment. Because they are handled differently than adults, juveniles require attorneys knowledgeable in the juvenile justice system. TW Law Group, PLLC criminal defense team have experience handling these cases and will work to keep the juvenile out of detention and on their way to becoming productive adults.
Property crimes are unique because the victim is often more vocal and active throughout the course of the case. This additional element makes the evidence against the defendant more concrete. It also makes chances of negotiating with the State of Florida more difficult. If you or a loved one has been charged with a property crime, you need a lawyer who understands the differences between handling property crimes and handling other criminal charges.
• Criminal mischief or vandalism
• Dealing in stolen property
• Scheme to defraud
• Burning to defraud an insurance company.
• Theft crimes such as grand theft, employee theft, petit theft.
These charges can be complicated. You need an attorney that will fight for you and fight for your freedom. At TW Law Group, PLLC, you can have the utmost confidence that we will passionately fight for you and that we know how to defend them successfully.
Florida Traffic Offenses
Being charged with a traffic offense can be a hassle. Depending on the nature of the offense, points may be assessed to your license and your insurance rates may go up. Because these charges can become very expensive, you need to allow TW Law Group, PLLC to get these charges reduced or thrown out. This can take points off your license and keep you from having your license suspended or revoked. We provide legal expertise in all traffic offenses, particularly the following:
• Driver’s License Reinstatement
• Driving While Suspended or Revoked
• Reckless Driving
Being charged with a violent crime is a serious threat to your freedom. These include the following:
02-2ND DEGREE MURDER
03-3RD DEGREE MURDER
07-CAPITAL SEXUAL BATTERY
08-LIFE SEXUAL BATTERY
09-1ST DEGREE SEXUAL BATTERY
10-2ND DEGREE SEXUAL BATTERY
11-SEXUAL ASSAULT, OTHER
13-ROBBERY WITH WEAPON
14-ROBBERY WITHOUT WEAPON
15-HOME INVASION, ROBBERY
16-HOME INVASION, OTHER
20-ASSAULT/BATTERY ON L.E.O.
23-RESISTING ARREST WITH VIOLENCE
26-ABUSE OF CHILDREN
31-BURGLARY WITH ASSAULT
47-LEAVE ACCIDENT WITH INJURY/DEATH
53-CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM*
These charges require an attorney well versed in handling violent crimes. Because the penalties for these crimes range from probation to capital punishment, you need the best legal representation possible. The attorneys at TW Law Group, PLLC will fight for your freedom.
White Collar Crimes
TW Law Group, PLLC criminal defense lawyers are here to help you. Being charged with a white-collar crime can have a serious impact on your freedom as well as your career. If you are convicted of these crimes, listed below, it may prevent you from working professionally ever again. These white-collar crimes often require significant paperwork to prove and defend. Allow our thorough, detail-oriented attorneys who have the tenacity to successfully defend you or your loved one from these types of charges. Some of the white-collar crimes we can assist with include the following:
• Fraud and misrepresentation of all kinds – Ponzi schemes, insurance fraud, check fraud, Medicare or Medicaid fraud, identity theft, a variety of other Internet crimes, and more.
• Embezzlement, which covers the theft or misuse of funds by someone to whom they were entrusted.
• Tax evasion, which can violate both state and federal laws, is the illegal avoidance of tax liabilities.
• Money laundering, which involves concealing money’s illegal origins through businesses to make it appear as though it has a legal source.
• Forgery and counterfeiting.
• Racketeering, which includes conspiring to organize to engage in criminal activity.